Minangkabau Adventure Tour – 5 days, 5 nights
Experience Minangkabau culture firsthand and learn about the traditional lifestyle of West-Sumatra.
- Day 1
- Guests will be picked up at Minangkabau International Airport in Padang by their guide. From there we will drive to Padang Panjang where we will have to opportunity to learn more about the traditional Minang Kabau houses as well as some history from the Dutch occupation. After enjoying some local lunch we will drive to Bukittinggi to check in at the hotel. From there we visit the local market as well as the Panorama Park and it's spectacular view. Extra program: if the Rafflesia flower is in blooming at this time, we can hike to see it. From there we will head back to hotel and have dinner. The rest of the evening will be a free program (guests are free to relax and explore as they choose).
- Day 2
- We will begin the day by visiting Koto Gadang, a village famous for its silversmiths. From there we continue on to Aia Angek where we will visit a local vegetable farm and then head to Batipuh to see a mosque built in the traditional architecture of Minang Kabau. After that we will drive to Lake Singkarak to have some lunch while soaking up the wonderful surroundings. In the afternoon we will visit Balimbing Village where some of the traditional Minang houses are still intact. Following the path of traditional architecture we will visit the replica of the King’s Palace. Later return to Bukittinggi for dinner and free program.
- Day 3
- Payakumbuh district is the first destination of our day where we will be having lunch. We will then head on to Harau Valley. Once in Harau Valley we will meet the local family who will be hosting us for the night. Later that afternoon we will learn the fascinating way of catching eel the traditional way in the surrounding rice fields. We will have dinner with the family and free program will follow.
- Day 4
- After breakfast we will take a walk around the village and learn about the Henna-making process. From there we carry on trekking to a nearby river where we have to opportunity to swim and get some lunch. The afternoon will be free program. We will have dinner together and watch a performance with traditional flutes (you can even try to play the flute if you like :))
- Day 5
- After breakfast we will leave Harau Valley for Padang. Passing by different villages and wonderful surroundings where we will stop and soak up the magic of beautiful rice paddy terraces. Once arrive in Padang we will check in to the hotel and the evening is free program.
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fee & parking fee
|Number of people||Price per person|
Start your adventure now!
Use the form below to make a reservation or ask a question about the tour.